Starting a new job gives me the “first day of school” jitters every time and as I arrived at Fortrus Financial for my first day, I was a bit nervous regarding what would be expected of me, and how I could provide value. Thankfully, after some great conversations with Matt, the President of Fortrus Financial, things couldn’t have gone better.
On the first two days, I was able to:
- Migrate email over to Google for Domains
- Replace the wireless router and configure the new one
- Put a password management solution in place
- Get the SSL working on the current Joomla powered website
- Assist in setting up a new desktop computer
- Get Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools configured
- Setup Cloudflare’s CDN
- Start work on a WordPress powered version of the site
I also got to spend time with Matt going over his goals, priorities, inspiration, competition and more. There are a huge number of things I need to learn about the business, and I am excited to learn all that I can.
Each day, on the drive home from work, I get to share my excitement with Annie, and explain all the neat things I’m currently doing, have already done, or that I’m planning to do. I am very happy with my new position as Director of Technology, and you will be hearing about Fortrus Financial often very shortly!